Monday, January 24, 2011

Tigers and Pistons and Bad Boys... Oh my!

Hi friends. Happy Monday to you. I hope you had a great weekend and were able to keep warm in the sub zero temperatures we experienced.

I know I promised you that I'd have some Red Wings autographs to share with you the next time we got together, but I've decided to share a couple other cards first. Maybe because they were easiest to get to in my basement.

2002 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Alan Trammell Autograph


I love this card. Anyone that grew up a Tiger fan in the early 80's was a fan of Alan Trammell. You may not have admitted it then, and may not want to admit it now, but you were (are).

The 1994 World Series MVP, Tram played 2293 regular season and 13 post season games for the Tigers from 1977-1996. He was a six time all star and finished second in American League MVP voting in 1987. He also won four Gold Gloves.

2003 Upper Deck Legends Bill Laimbeer & Chucky Daly Autograph


Sorry about the flash spots on the cards. Guess I should have turned the light on before taking the picture of these two cards.

I struggle to say that I'm a Piston fan any more, because I cannot stand the NBA. Maybe I'm a closet Piston fan. I do try to keep up with the team, to see what they are doing. But I cannot force myself to sit and watch a game any more. I honestly believe that the NBA games are partially fixed.

Back in the day when I was a fan, there was nobody I was a bigger fan of than Bill Laimbeer. He's truly one of the great Pistons of all time.

Coach Daly. Need I say more?

Okay, looks like I need to go outside and move some more snow off the driveway... Good times. I'll catch you later.

No comments: