Monday, January 17, 2011

Hi Mr. Ciccarelli

Greetings one and all. Welcome back. Yesterday, 01/16/11, I packed my wife and son, along with a brother in law and sister in law, in to the Chevy and made a trip to Sterling Heights to meet one of my hockey heroes. No, not Basil McRae. It was Dino Ciccarelli. He was doing an autograph signing at DC Sports in the Lakeside Mall.

Dino could not have been friendlier to Benjamin. My little guy walked up to him and said "Hi Mr. Ciccarelli", as we had practiced. He then went on to tell him how much he loved hockey and that he got to go on the ice and play. It was then that Dino told him to come around to the other side of the table to get his picture taken with him. Holly had the iPhone 4 camera going, and here is the picture we got of Benjamin with Dino -



Now, as I mentioned, it was an autograph signing. Not only did I get the item I wanted signed, but Dino asked Ben if he could sign his jersey! How cool is that? I paid to get my autograph, but Dino asked Ben if he could sign his jersey!



Benjamin was on cloud nine after Mr. Ciccarelli signed the jersey. He told me he wants to keep it forever. Good kid!! I knew I was bringing him up right.

As for me, I did get a jersey number signed by Dino. I also bought an 8X10 picture to frame with the jersey number. Here's a picture of it. Not the best, as it's already behind glass and you can see glare and shadows on the picture. But, unless you come over to see it in person, it's the best you're going to get!



That's all I've got for now. Unfortunately, DC Sports didn't have any cards for me to open. I have bought a few on EBay so as soon as they get here I'll let you see them.

No comments: