Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Freaking New Year...

Well, friends, here we are. 2010 is gone, put to bed and behind us. As I mentioned before, 2010 can kiss my ass. I'm thankful that it's done and we're in to 2011. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad. Michigan elected a Republican Governor, we're one year closer to the end of the Obama administration. But, let me get a little more personal for you.

The worst part for me was losing my job in November. That filled me with some serious heartbreak. I loved my job and the people I worked with. It pains me to know that some of the people I considered to be very good friends may have thrown me under the bus to ownership, which resulted in me being shown the door. I think I'm mostly over my heartbreak and am now just filled with bitterness. I do miss some of my former co-workers very much.

The job loss did help me to see some goodness in people. There have been so many people that have told me they are praying for us. So many people that have helped out in ways I never imagined. So many people that gave us cash, gift certificates for groceries or other things we needed. Things that we are so thankful for. Oddly enough, I feel so let down by a handful of the people I used to work for, but it's also restored my faith in humanity.

As I said, it wasn't all bad. The major highlight for me and my family was Benjamin starting pre-school this year. It was such an amazing feeling taking him to his first day of school. I was such a proud daddy. I do have to admit that leaving him at school to go to work was quite hard on me. I was emotional, and did touch cloth. Benjamin is such a good boy. So smart, polite and funny.

I took two trips to Walt Disney World with my family. April, it was my entire family minus a couple of nephews and a niece. That was to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday, and it was a whole bunch of fun.

Then we went back in August. Just Holly, Benjamin and me for five days. That was an awesome trip. It was hotter than we thought it would be, but we had a great time. We tried several things that we were unable to do on the previous trip, and really enjoyed a great trip.

Some of the other highlights of 2010 included Toy Story 3, Mumford and Sons, Cherryfest and 4th of July fireworks. Red Wings games at JLA with our friend Laura, poker nights with my buddies, and Words With Friends on my iPhone.

We all lost a friend when Ernie Harwell passed away. I didn't play a single round of golf in 2010.

2010 is history. 2011 is upon us. Let's hope it's a great year for everyone! I wish happiness, health and prosperity for all of you.

No comments: