Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding Is Like The Super Bowl For Cat Ladies

Thoughts and prayers to those in the south dealing with the aftermath of the storms from Wednesday night.
 
Today must be opposite day on my iPod that I was bragging about yesterday.  I think I was reminded why I put it away.  There's some real garbage music on it.  Stuff that I used to like (Paramore) but cannot handle listening to any more.  Thank goodness for the forward button.
 
I know you've been waiting, so here it is.  My mock NFL draft for tonight. 
 
#1 Carolina -  Cam Newton, QB Auburn
#2 Denver – Marcell Dareus, DT Alabama
#3 Buffalo – Blaine Gabbert, QB Missouri
#4 Cincinnati – AJ Green, WR Georgia
#5 Arizona – Patrick Peterson, CB LSU
#6 Cleveland – Von Miller, LB Texas A&M
#7 Houston – Anthony Castonzo, T Boston College
#8 Tennessee – Andy Dalton, QB TCU
#9 Dallas – Tyron Smith, T USC
#10 Washington – Robert Quinn, DE North Carolina
#11 San Francisco – Jake Locker, QB Washington
#12 Minnesota – Julio Jones, WR Alabama
#13 Detroit – Nick Fairley, DT Auburn
#14 St Louis – Corey Liuget, DT Illinois
#15 Miami Dolphins – Mike Pouncey, G/C Florida
#16 Jacksonville – Aldon Smith, DE/LB Missouri
#17 New England - JJ Watt, DE Wisconsin
#18 San Diego – Ryan Kerrigan, DE Purdue
#19 New York Giants – Mark Ingram, RB Alabama
#20 Tampa Bay – Da’Quan Bowers, DE Clemson
#21 Kansas City – Nate Solder, T Colorado
#22 Indianapolis – Gabe Carimi, T Wisconsin
#23 Philadelphia – Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa
#24 New Orleans – Danny Watkins, G Baylor
#25 Seattle – Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska
#26 Baltimore – Marvin Austin, DT North Carolina
#27 Atlanta – Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado
#28 New England – Justin Houston, DE/LB Georgia
#29 Chicago – Derek Sherrod, T Mississippi State
#30 New York Jets – Phil Taylor, NT Baylor
#31 Pittsburgh – Brandon Harris, CB Miami
#32 Green Bay – Muhammad Wilkerson, DL Temple
 
There you have it.  The 2011 NFL Mock Draft as compiled by Dennis Lake
 
I don’t really think it’ll go like that.  I can see someone like Oakland trading up to get back in the first round (#28 from New England) to draft Colin Kaepernick.  I’m also sticking with my guns that Carolina won’t take Newton number one, but everything I’m reading/hearing today says that they will.  If they don’t take Newton, all bets are off, although he’ll go #3 to Buffalo.
 
Peyton Hillis on the cover of Madden ’12.  Seriously??  Unless you play fantasy football, you’re probably asking yourself who Peyton Hillis is. 
 
I mentioned the name Mitch Daniels yesterday.  Today, we find out that Indiana is on the verge of cutting funding to Planned Parenthood.   This, my friends, is the kind of leadership we need in Washington!!  Why does the government fund Planned Parenthood??? 
 
Alex Avila is leading the Tigers in RBI.  Who had that coming out of spring training?  By the way, nice way to follow up the sweep of the White Sox.  Could you have laid a bigger egg against the Mariners? 
 
The thermometer on my desk reads 76.8º.  Seriously??  I sit in a high traffic area in the office, and I think it’s going to drive me berserker than I already am.  Oh, it just dropped to 76.1º!  Must be a cold front just moved through.
 
“The Royal Wedding Is Like The Super Bowl For Cat Ladies” someone posted on Twitter today.  That’s just funny.
 

No comments: