Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Whatever Happened To Amy Winehouse?

A lot of things on my mind today.  Not sure where to start, so I'll just
start with whatever is the first thing to come out of my fingertips and on
to the keyboard.

Gosh I love granola bars.

I don't have a problem with the Lions drafting Mark Ingram at number 13.
I'd rather they go defense or offensive line, but Mark Ingram would be
okay with me.

I wish I flossed more.

We met, as you probably know, Chris Chelios at an autograph signing last
weekend.  Nice guy.  I don't know why it surprises me when we meet someone
like that, and they turn out to be nice guys.  I've yet to meet anyone at
an autograph signing and have them be a jerk, but I know others who have.

New job is going quite well, thanks for asking.

I like MSU hiring Dane Fife.  I think he could be the heir apparent to Tom
Izzo, if he's willing to stay at MSU as an assistant for a number of
years.

I hope Bud Selig was only kidding when he said baseball is looking to
expand the playoffs.

Mike Babcock would make an incredible motivational speaker.  When I hear
an interview with him, I pretty much hang on his every word.

I'm glad I'm not a smoker.

It's exciting to me to see Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt
Jr doing well this season.  I'd like to see Mark Martin step it up a bit,
but I'll take three out of four from the Hendrick stable.  It'll be cool
to see Kasey Kahne join the team next year.

The Sporting News has the 56 game hitting streak of Joe DiMagio as the
number one greatest sports records of all time.  I'm thinking they mean
it's most unlikely to be broken.  I kind of disagree.  I think, if I were
ranking records, I'd put Cy Young's 511 wins as the record in sports least
likely to be broken.  What about Wayne Gretzky's 215 points in one season.

Interestingly enough, The Sporting News doesn't have Cal Ripken's streak
on the list.  They don't have Nolan Ryan's career strikeouts on the list.
They don't have Brett Favre's 297 straight starts.

I'll miss Michael Scott, and I wish him well on his retirement from Dunder
Mifflin.

No comments: