Monday, May 2, 2011

I Rode The Bus With 27 Jennifers

Congrats to the brave Navy Seals that took out Usama Bin Laden last night.  I have mad love and respect for you.
 
Three songs that I love, that you've never heard –
            ‘Hopscotch Willie’ by Stephen Malkmus
            ‘Tokyo’ by Bob Schneider
            ‘Nautical Disaster’ by Tragically Hip
 
How was your weekend?  Mine was good, but I’ve come to realize that something needs to change.  Well, several things need to change, starting with me.  I’ve started a workout program today.  I plan to get up every morning and either get on my treadmill or go outside and go around the block.  Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me.  It’s just time for me to get healthy.
 
The next thing that needs to change is the manager of the Detroit Tigers.  I’m 100% fed up with the antics and managerial style of Jim Leyland.  Sure, the guy got us to the World Series in 2006, but that honeymoon is long since over.  For goodness sake, the guy has no clue how to use a bullpen, or anything along those lines.  
 
Let’s look at the game from yesterday, for example.  Top of the ninth inning, down by two.  Austin Jackson got on base, bringing up Will Rhymes.  Will Rhymes, are you kidding me?!?!  I know he’s been struggling this year, but don’t you think maybe using Maglio Ordonez as a pinch hitter would have been a good idea there?  Rhymes flies out to center…  After Ryhmes, we got to see Ramon Santiago.  Ramon Santiago, are you kidding me?  I know he’s been struggling this year, but don’t you think that maybe using Casper Wells as a pinch hitter would have been a good idea there?  Santiago walked.  First and second with one out.
After Santiago we got Don Kelly.  Don Kelly!  Are you kidding me.  Since Leyland didn’t pinch hit for Rhymes or Santiago, surely he’s going to use Ordonez or Wells to pinch hit for Kelly.  Right?  Nope!  Kelly pops out to the shortstop.  The freaking shortstop.  Miguel Cabrera singles, scoring Austin Jackson to cut the lead to one.  Then Brennan Boesch flew out to center to end the game. 
 
Hey Darren Helm, it’s called a deke.  Look it up.
 
Uncle Mike, far be it from me to tell you how to coach the Wings, but let’s put Mike Modano in the lineup for Wednesday.  We brought him in for the playoffs, so let’s give him a chance.  He played in one game in the first round and provided some instant spark.  Let’s see if he can do it again.  I think we can probably survive with sitting Drew Miller in his place. 
 
Hey Zero, have you noticed that gas prices are up again?  It’s $4.299 in my neck of the woods.  You just sit back there in your office at the White House and watch it go up higher.  Heaven forbid you try to do something about it.
 

No comments: