Monday, November 17, 2008

Mergers Suck! The Suckiness of Mergers

I've been a long time subscriber to, and long time fan of, XM Radio. However, the merger with Sirius is now complete and I don't like it. First off, they changed all my channel names to match those of Sirius. Da Bone Yard is now Hair Nation, Ethel is now Alt Nation, Top Tracks is now Classic Vinyl... Why? Why did that have to be done? Second, and most important of all, Alt Nation blows. Ethel was the best station on any radio in the world, and the replacement for it blows. It's just awful. The best part about Ethel was all the new music they played. I cannot begin to tell you how much great new music I have on my iPod that I discovered on Ethel. I swear to you that every time I turn on Alt Nation they are playing Blink 182. Where's the new there??? Heck, they're not even a band any more. As for Hair Nation, I don't know how much I'm going to like that, either. Da Bone Yard played AC/DC, Metallica, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. I don't think they have a place on Hair Nation. They're not typically thought of as Hair Bands. Hair Bands are Poison, Faster Pussycat, Slaughter, LA Guns, White Lion and Winger. Do the other, non-hair, rock bands have a place now?

Dude, mergers suck!

Is there any candy better than Smarties? I think not.

No comments: